Monday, July 27, 2009

Life is Self-Leveling

If you dig a hole in the sand at the beach, no matter how deep or wide it is, eventually when the tides come in and the tides roll out, the sand is leveled.


Life is like that, I have seen. There are times when it feels like the terrain I walk resembles the face of the moon -- cratered and pitted. I even feel as if I need to employ some sort of artificial gravity device to keep my feet on the ground. And yet, despite the method of our movement, bounce, skip, walk, dawdle -- we keep moving and some days the ground under our feet is smooth.


The thing that is different today is that when I walk a smooth road, I notice. No, I revel in it. And when I have a gravel and pitted, dusty and dirty pathway, I look behind and ahead and realize, it is just a patch. Somewhere, even along the side of the less-desirable mile markers, there are some wild flowers determined to bloom.


Life is really like that.

2 comments:

  1. Well Julie, ya finally did it. Now the rest of the world can enjoy your beautiful words and heart. Good goin! Love, Jan Marshall

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always up to reading a thought from a dear friend across the country.

    I love your theme too. Makes me think about the country road that once was a path created by one person. Others followed the path and eventually it became a road leading to many places. I will always love the country roads and the single paths started by that one special person.

    ReplyDelete